Edcon Thank U Customer Rewards Programme
Terms and Conditions
1. Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Card is operated and issued by Edcon (Pty) Limited (“Edcon”) or its subsidiaries in the respective, relevant countries (Zimbabwe, Lesotho: Edgars Stores Lesotho (Proprietary) Ltd, Namibia: Edgars Stores (Namibia) Limited, Swaziland: Edgars Stores Swaziland Limited). The Thank U Rewards Card, even though issued to you, remains the property of Edcon at all times.
2. Participating stores in Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Programme are: Edgars, Edgars Active, Red Square, Boardmans, Jet, Jet Mart, Legit, Temptations and CNA. Loyalty points can be earned and redeemed in any of these participating stores. Airport CNA franchise stores and Discom are excluded from the programme.
3. Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Programme is valid for participating stores in South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland and Lesotho. (Stores in Zambia and Botswana are excluded at this time.)
4. Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Programme is not open to permanent or casual employees of Edcon or any of the participating chains as listed in point 2. above.
5. All customers holding an Edgars or Jet Store Account Card, Cash Card or Rewards Card prior to 20 February 2012, will automatically be enrolled on the new Thank U Rewards Programme. Any existing points balances will be transferred, at the same monetary value, to the new Edcon Thank U Rewards Programme. If you do not use your card to earn or spend points within 6 (six) months from the date of migration, these transferred points will be forfeited.
6. If you do not currently hold an Edgars or Jet Store Account Card, Cash Card or Rewards Card and would like to become a member of Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Programme, you will need to complete the necessary application form and submit this - including your valid Identity number or passport number, telephone or cellphone contact number and postal address – to any participating store.
7. It is incumbent upon members to ensure that their personal and contact details are correct at all times in order to receive loyalty programme offers and promotions. If you change your contact details and do not inform Edcon, the company cannot be held responsible if you do not receive your personalised offers. You must inform us of any change of contact details by calling our Customer Services Care Line for Edgars on 0860 692 274 or Jet on 0860 113 639 or visit a Customer Service Desk or Service Centre in-store.
8. Edcon will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards. If you lose your card, this must be reported at any Edcon store at the Customer Services Counter or the Service Centre where the lost or damaged card will be replaced free of charge. Customers may also call the Call Centre to report a lost card: Edgars 0860 692 274 and Jet 0860 113 639.
9. Edcon reserves the right to terminate the programme at any time, subject to 30 days notice period.
10. Should Edcon terminate the programme for any reason whatsoever, cardholders will be duly notified and have the opportunity to spend their points within 6 months of date of termination of the programme.
11. Edcon reserves the right to make changes to the loyalty programme and to amend the programme’s Terms and Conditions as they see fit.
12. Your Edcon Thank U Rewards Card cannot be used as a credit, store account or gift card.
13. Your Edcon Thank U Rewards Card points may not be used for account payments (which includes, but is not limited to, Club subscription payments), exchanged for cash or credit and no change will be given on points redeemed and used as a trade discount against the purchase of goods.
14. Points earned on one Thank U Rewards Card may not be transferred to another Thank U Rewards Card at this time.
15. Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Cards and points may not be sold or transferred to another party.
16. Abuse of the programme entitles Edcon to cancel your membership and you will forfeit any rewards points earned. Edcon reserves the right to lay criminal charges for illegal or fraudulent use of the card or programme.
17. Participating stores in the Edcon Group may use your purchasing information in conjunction with information about you provided by third parties, for market and product analysis in order to generate statistical reports for internal and external use. These reports are aggregated and will not contain any personal information that identifies you.
18. Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Card may only be used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Earning Loyalty Points
19. Points will be earned for purchases of all inclusive products in-store.
20. To earn points at any Edgars, Edgars Active, Red Square, Boardmans, Jet, Jet Mart, Legit, Temptations or CNA store, you must hand your Thank U Rewards Card to the cashier at the till point before you pay for your purchases.
21. If a Thank U Rewards Card is not presented at the time of purchase, no points will be earned for that purchase. Points lost or forfeited due to ‘card not present’ cannot be claimed retrospectively.
22. Certain products are exempt from earning points and Edcon may amend these products from time to time at their discretion.
a. You will not earn points on gift card purchases, gift card top-ups, Insurance products, payments of 3rd party services – including but not limited to – utility bills and purchase of lottery tickets.
b. Purchases of Edcon 3rd party partner products are excluded from points earning. This includes, but is not restricted to, Planet Fitness contracts, Mango airline tickets, Regis and Gary Rom Hair Salons, Jewellery repairs, alterations.
c. No points are earned on Edcon in-store concessions including, but not restricted to, Sunglass Hut.
23. Base points are earned on all inclusive products at a rate of 10 (ten) points per net SA Rand* spent. This applies for all tender types (cash, debit card, credit card, Gift card, cheque, charge card – Amex and Diners). (*NOTE: Or Namibian dollar/Emalangeni/Loti)
24. 10 Base points and 5 additional account card points are earned per net SA Rand* spent when paying with a store account card. Bonus points offers are calculated at the net base point rate in accordance with the aforementioned tender type. (*NOTE: Or Namibian dollar/Emalangeni/ Loti)
25. During any double points and other events, both in store and online, existing points promotions will not be multiplied and bonus points will be applied only to the base points earned on the product.
26. Extra points may be earned or awarded at Edcon’s discretion.
27. Points earned with Edgars Club or Jet Club partners may, in addition to these Terms and Conditions, be subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Club partner concerned.
28. Points will be reflected on your Rewards account within 3 (three) days of your purchase.
29. Customer points balances will be available in-store at the point-of-sale terminals, Customer Service desks, from the Call Centre by calling Edgars on 0860 692 274 or Jet on 0860 113 639 and online at www.thanku.co.za
30. Edcon reserves the right to change the earning rate and/ or value of points at any time, at its discretion. Due notice will be given of any changes.
Spending Loyalty Points
31. With effect from 1 April 2012, once your points balance reaches 10,000 points, you will be able to spend your points by presenting your Thank U Rewards Card at the till points in participating stores and advising the cashier you wish to use points as a trade discount against your cash or account purchase. Your points balance will be reduced by the equivalent value spent.
32. Upon collecting your first 10,000 points (subject to the 3 day period mentioned in point above) you will be able to use your points as a trade discount against future purchases at participating store’s till points. (10,000 points are equal to R10 trade discount against a future purchase). You are not obliged to redeem points upon gathering 10,000 points. You can save as many as you wish within the points expiry period of 36 months.
33. Customer points balances and points redemption will be available in-store at till points, online at www. thanku.co.za and from the Call Centres: Edgars 0860 692 274 or Jet 0860 113 639.
34. Edcon reserves the right to change the conversion value of points at any time, at its discretion. Due notice will be given of any changes.
35. Points redemption is subject to online system availability.
Validity of Loyalty Points
36. Edcon reserves the right to purge any Thank U Rewards account that has been inactive (no points earned or redeemed) for a period of 12 (twelve) consecutive months. Points attached to inactive accounts will be forfeited.
37. All rewards points earned but not redeemed within 36 (thirty six) months will be subject to automatic expiry.
38. Points attached to a lost or damaged card can be transferred to your new card providing they have not been spent prior to reporting the lost/damaged card and obtaining a new, replacement card. This can be done instore at the Customer Services counter in participating stores.
39. Points earned for transactions where goods are later returned, will be deducted from your points balance on your Edcon Thank U Rewards account.
40. Points balances on delinquent accounts or account arrears will not be available for redemption or spend until such time as the account arrears have been settled in full.
41. You may cancel your membership of the programme at any time by calling our Customer Services Care Line on 0860 692 274 for Edgars or 0860 113 639 for Jet. When exiting the programme you will forfeit any points already earned but not yet redeemed.
42. Upon death of a Member, written notification must be provided upon receipt of which the account will be closed and the points forfeited. This can be done at the Customer Services counter in-store.
43. For all existing Edcon Store Account, Rewards and Cash Card customers who become members of the Edcon Thank U Rewards Programme, Edcon will own and have the right to market to you, communicate with you and share your personal information with its business partners for the purposes of marketing goods and services, unless you have chosen to opt out at any time.
44. Edcon may use your personal information to conduct a credit bureau check for the potential purpose of offering you an Edcon Store Account Card if you do not already have one.